Choosing the right pair of sunglasses that will truly suit you can be a bit tricky. Choose the right one, and you’ll be rewarded with a look that is sure to get compliments. Select the wrong pair, and you might end up with an unflattering look.
If you’re like the majority of people who don’t know how to choose the right pair of sunglasses, then this simple guide is for you.
When it comes to selecting the best sunglasses, there are two important things that you need to keep in mind - the shape of your face and the style of the sunglasses. Once you’ve identified the shape of your face and learn the different styles of sunglasses, then shopping for the right pair should be a breeze.
Step One: Determine the shape of your face
Square Face - People with square faces have strong jaws that are pretty much the same width as their foreheads. Also, their chins are not that defined.
- Round Face - For people with round faces, the widest part of their faces is at their cheeks. Also, their faces are not that angular.
- Oval Face - This one’s pretty obvious. The faces of people with this particular face shape are much longer than they are wide. Also, they have rounded jaws.
- Oblong/Rectangular Face - People with this shape have long and narrow faces with few angles.
- Diamond-Shaped Face - People with this shape have narrow jawlines and foreheads. Also, the widest part of their faces are their cheekbones.
- Heart-Shaped Face - For people with this shape, the widest part of their faces are their temples while the narrowest are their chins.
Step Two: Know the different styles of sunglasses
Now, that you’ve determined the shape of your face, it’s time to learn the different styles of sunglasses.
- Aviator - This style was popularized by Tom Cruise and Hawaii Five-O. Aviator sunglasses suit people with square, heart-shaped, and oval faces.
- Rectangle - If the lens of the sunglasses is wider than it is tall, then it's probably a pair of rectangle sunglasses. This style suits people with round, oval, and oblong faces.
- Round - Round sunglasses have been around for a long time. This style was made famous by people such as John Lennon and Jeff Goldblum. Round sunglasses suit people with square, oval, diamond, and heart-shaped faces.
- Square - Square sunglasses look best on people with round, oval, and oblong faces.
- Wayfarer - This style has been around since the 1950’s. Wayfarer sunglasses were made famous by people such as James Dean and the Blues brothers. This style suits almost every face shape. The versatility and timelessness of the wayfarer style make it a must-have for everyone.
Found this blog post helpful? Pin it on Pinterest!
Now, that you know how to choose the right sunglasses for your face shape, it’s time for you to buy a pair. Why not check out our collection of wooden and bamboo sunglasses. They are eco-friendly, handmade, polarized, and made from 100% genuine wood and bamboo.